|
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm lost tonight |
|
|
Monday, October 16, 2006, 12:00 PM
13th Oct 2006 (Fri) DAY 35 Today is 13 the Friday. Was also known as unlucky Friday. However, for me, today was a fruitful day for me. Today was the event for P&P Solutions workshop. I got the chance to help up in the registration. Before I went there, I was quite nervous and not so excited to be involved. Luckily, I never backed out the last minute by taking MC. In the end, it turned out to be fun and enjoyable. I am supposed to meet Lynette at her desk at 1015. As she was held up with something, in the end, we left JOS at 1035. Went to take the cargo lift to transport our stuff into her car. When everything was done, we got to put away the trolley. Problem 1 arises: it cannot be pushed down. And there happened to be about 6 people over there seeing us how we pushed that thing down. In the end, one kind soul came and helped us. Thanks a lot ya!!!! Then, we are set to go!!!! Reached the bxxxxxx's building. The building had a very tight security thus; we got to wait at the lobby there for the ppl to bring us in. Waited for almost 20 mins then Jessica and Daniel came down and welcomed us. I went up with them first as Lynette got to park her car first. Their co looked quite small as compared to JOS office. But it looked more elegant and with some of their products on display. June, who's the marketing people that I would be working with, was still busy with her work. Thus, was left in the meeting room with Jessica and Daniel. Was still quite uneasy with 2 complete strangers. They are busy typing and I was been left to stare in the blank. Lynette came and made me feel more comfortable in the environment with the 2 strangers. Problem 2 arises: The JOS banner is giving us problems. It cannot stand up straight. After struggling for another 20 mins and we are done!!! After completing, June came and was introduced to her. She was pretty and nice. Was left to sort out the pamphlets of bxxxxxx, while they went to the reception area to arrange the notebooks that are to be given out to the attendees. While I’m still halfway through, Lynette got to rush to another event at GH hotel. (I think that's the reason why I am given the chance to attend this event??) After completing everything, sat down and wait for the rest of bxxxxxx's colleagues to get ready for lunch. Was set for lunch by 1245 with June, Jessica, Daniel and another 4 strangers. Was introduced to their marketing manager- Amanda. She is very ang-mo pai and friendly. Went to banquet, was still wondering what to eat. Then, June came and said whether wanna have yong tau fu and I said ok. Almost the 6 of us had yong tau fu for lunch except for 'bei duo fen' that had clay pot rice for lunch. As 'bei duo fen' was at the lift first while we are walking towards his direction. He was back facing us with a bit of the Raffles signature posture. And his colleagues joked that seeing his back had more points gained as when compared to seeing his face. Haha.. This made me laugh, that they can joke like how we had joked among our friends. Anyway, he is not bad looking thou and I think his name is Mark. While having our lunch, Amanda went and bought ice lemon tea for all of us. So nice of her =) they are planning for a bbq after work to celebrate someone's children birthday. They really had a bonding there. And I was feeling more comfortable with them and not feel shy. June and I got to go back to their office first as there are some problem with the catering man not able to enter the building. Problem 3 arises: the catering man was stuck at the car park not able to go up to the 16th floor to set up his stuff and the management of the building insisted that June sent a memo to them first for approval before letting the man went up. After 15 mins of arguing with no one giving a step and the time for the event was drawing near, June insisted on taking the man up and sent a memo to her asap as we're going to be late for the event. I admired her firmness and able to handle the situation properly w/o feeling lost and do not know what to do. We made it in time for the 2pm registration and the teachers are late. The program started at about 1440.was so tempted to go in and listen and see how they would present for the presentation. I cannot go in as there are still a few ppl had not arrived. Haiz.. Got to wait at the reception area waiting for them, in the end, no one turned up =( At 1520, they came out and showcase their product's demo to the teachers and I got the chance to see him presenting. His product knowledge is good and at the Q&A session, he can answered every question that comes along the way. Impressive!! At 1535, the catering starts. I never touched the food, as I was still too full from the lunch earlier on. At 1600, the teachers filled up their feedback form and can take home a laser cum pen back as a gift. I also took one home. Nice and elegant. The AMs (Desmond, Lye Ken and Ignatius) are waiting for me to pack up. I thought the Ams are all guys. There is one gal ya!! Haha.. Anyway, I never talk much to them. I think I am more like bxxxxxx’s staff than JOS staff. Such irony? Left at 1630,we had finished the whole event!!! I took a ride in Ignatius's car to Bugis and I think he sent the 2 AM home. Haix.. nvm, its ok. I went to the temple to pray. Shop alone in OG, Bugis street and Parco bugis. Then I took bus 197 home, shit!! It took the long way to my home!! It went all the way to PP then backed to Bedok. So its like when I reached home its around the same time that I left the usual time from my co!!! Heex.. Anyway, today was able to go off early at 1630 and able to shop!!! Should be grateful. And I enjoyed working with the 7 colleagues from bxxxxxx especially June. It was fun and not as scary that I had imagined. So I must don't think too much the next time.. Hope I still got the chance to go out for another event before IPP ends. Am beginning to enjoy myself in the work environment. =) 14th October 2006 Saturday Met Mao Yun to get something and was late in meeting him. So sorry.. Took bus 7 to Park Mall. Thought I missed the stop, in the end, when I alight I saw SL over there. So heng!!! Went This Fashion to shop for our office clothing.. Spent almost 2 hours choosing and trying and thinking which to buy and forgo. After that, went and had grilled chicken set for lunch!!! Nice and full!!! After that went Daiso to shop. Was crazy shopping even when my first holy pay is not yet with me after 7 weeks and I still spent.. haix.. After that, went OG Orchard to shop.. Nothing to buy.. Next, we made our way to Paragon and found something that we like and bought it. The salesgirl was nice and gave us a discount!!! Next, we went to lucky plaza to buy SL's earpiece for the MP4 that we bought for her. After that, off we go to Far East and shop. We shopped till 8 plus and bought a necklace of a pair of dolphin, an anchor and a skull. Bought the same one as SL. Then we went to Taka Kino to buy a magazine. By the time we had dinner was about 9pm. OMG!!!! We can shop for so long? Haha.. Think we haven't been shopping for a long time. We got rest in-between, I think due to the constant sitting in the office for too long, our legs are so pain. Settled my dinner with fishball noodle, while SL had beng fish and rice and shared fried mixed wu xiang. Eating halfway, a lady came to me. I thought she wanted to sell something to me. In the end, she asked what I was eating and wanted to eat the same and if the food was spicy. Oh gosh, SL told me that I face was very red. I replied maybe it is due to the chili that I had put in for extra taste, as at first it looked like not very spicy, the weather also made me feels hot. While eating, chatted a lot and the time pass very fast. Made our way to Dhoby Ghuat Mrt as Sl will be taking train and I will be taking bus. Waited for bus 7 for very long, almost give up and wanted to take train back instead. Then the bus came. Changed to the bus 222 and head home. Saw mom walking towards the home direction. Waited for her and went back together. Tiring day, but I had fun shopping and chatting up with SL. Also watched Guess X3 before going to sleep. |
|